Apr 4, 2012

Transforming a Boring Outfit to a fun Spring Day Look

This process I hold near and dear to my heart. I go through this every single morning. I love wearing regular old V-Necks. I wanted to share with people how easy it really is to create a wonderful wardrobe with just few accessories. A pop of color here and there can make a world of difference. If your still wondering how easy it could be just keep scrolling :-)
Enjoy <3


1) Using a plain white V-neck t-shirt from Hanes (bought at Wal-Mart) I pared it with another basic peace, the denim short. These are 2 very important staples to my wardrobe and must haves for the Spring.

2) Next, I decided to go with a white sandal with gold hardware for a simple touch. If I had a pair of bright colorful sandals I would wear them instead. But, another way to have  pop of color on your feet without buying a pair of fun colored sandles would be the traditional ole' painting your nails! I painted my a fun Sea-foam green (which is a beautiful color for the spring time)




3) I wanted to add a floral piece somewhere into my wardrobe so I opted for my square floral scarf. Another option would be to go for a nice statement neckless.



 3 Steps to tie a square scarf:
Step 1) Fold the scarf in half were it makes a triangle. If your scarf has a tag make sure you are holding that end in your hand.



Step 2) lay the pointy tip of the scarf on your stomach and pull the ends to the back above your head, like so.


Step 3) Swop the ends of the scarf from one hand to the other and cross them behind your neck and pull. 


Step 4) lay the 2 ends down onto your chest and tuck slightly under the front piece of your scarf. and tada there you have a beautiful accent piece to your outfit.


4) Since I already had gold hardware on my sandals I decided to make everything gold. I personally love gold over silver but that couldn't be another reason for me choosing gold...obsessed. ok back to the outfit lol. I took my favorite boyfriend watch. 


5) Keeping with the gold theme Since I decided on a scarf instead of a neckless I wanted to add more arm candy, I achieved that by using these gold bangles from Forever 21.


I think that looks great together!



6) I still felt that outfit was a little tired so I grabbed for my amazingly huge pink bag from JustFab and her name is Operative. She is my first bag purchase. Click on this link if you want to check her out and buy her: http://www.justfab.com/index.cfm?action=shop.viewproduct&master_product_id=99010&kw=operative

Thats the finished product!


What I wore:
Hanes White V-Neck 
Chaps Denim Shorts
Forever 21 scarf, and bangles
Sandals ... no idea
JustFab.com Purse


1 comment: